Going to a pot luck and you are bringing cookies? Spice it up and ditch the regular chocolate chip cookies for these amazingly easy and tasty Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Not only are they delicious, but the beautiful crinkle look will surely impress your guests!
Let’s jump right into the recipe!
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoons vanilla paste (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar (I always use as little sugar as possible, but if you like it sweeter, you can add up to 1 cup of sugar)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (for coating)
- Combine all ingredients except for the icing sugar and mix well
- Put cookie batter into fridge and let it rest overnight (don’t skip this step! By putting the cookies in the fridge overnight, the cold cookies hitting a hot oven will create those beautiful crinkles!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Put icing sugar in a shallow dish
- Roll out cookie dough into small 1 inch balls
- Cover each cookie dough ball with icing sugar on all sides
- Bake cookies for 8 – 10 minutes
- Cool cookies on a cookie rack
- Dust extra icing sugar if you like after the cookies have cooled down.
- Enjoy your cookies with a nice glass of milk!
Have you tried this recipe? Would love to hear all about it in the comments below!