Poke means “chopped up” and it is a very popular dish from Hawaii! I love poke and honestly I can eat it for every meal! What I love about poke is that you can really customize it to your liking. I am going to break it down for you so you can add whatever you like! I will also include one of my favourite homemade poke recipe. Here we go!
- white rice
- brown rice
- mix green lettuce
- zucchini noodles or any veggie noodles you like
Veggies (Pick as many as you like):
- pickled ginger
- bell peppers
- green onions
As you can see, the possibilities are endless!
- Sushi grade salmon or tuna
- Regular cooked salmon, tuna, or whatever fish you like
- Thinly sliced beef
- If you are vegetarian, you can use tofu or just load it up with more veggies!
- Imitation crab meat
- Spicy mayo (mayo + sirarcha)
- Basic soy (Light soy sauce + sesame seed oil + Rice vinegar)
Give it a try and see what combination you like best! You can never get bored of poke because every bowl can be different!