- Criteria 8
Maille have been around for hundreds of years (to be exact, since 1747) and have been creating mustard, vinegar and dressings for the world to enjoy.
Maille has a very wide variety of mustard products including the classic Dijon and honey mustard to wine and spice infused flavours. They even have mustard on tap which features really unique flavors like Chablis and black truffles. The mustard on tap is exactly like a beer tap system and it is available to purchase online or at their La Maison Maille boutiques. The boutiques are located in New York, Paris, London, Melbourne, Sydney, and Dijon. The city of Dijon is actually located in Burgundy and is the home to the original Maille boutique. And as you guessed, Dijon mustard originated from the City of Dijon! In each of the Maille boutique, there are mustard sommeliers that will help you pick the right mustard for you! How neat is that!?
I love honey mustard and have tried using the regular supermarket brands but have never tried using Maille honey mustard. I decided to make honey mustard chicken. I created this simple recipe that is perfect for a quick dinner. The high quality Maille honey mustard tasted a lot different and way better than the store bought brands. The aromas as the chicken cooked filled the kitchen. It made my mouth water endlessly.
Here is my simple Maile honey mustard chicken recipe:
- 3 tablespoons Maille Honey Mustard
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of fresh ground pepper
- Pinch of rosemary (I used dried but fresh would be even better!)
- ½ lemon
- 2 pc chicken breast (Skin on if you like)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- Vegetable oil for coating
- Ziploc bag (medium size)
- Dutch oven that can go from stove top to oven
- Measuring spoons
- In the medium zip lock bag, add:
- Maille Honey Mustard
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Add chicken breast to the zip lock bag. Seal and shake marinate around chicken. Let the marinade do its magic. Store sealed zip lock in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat stove to medium and start heating up the Dutch oven. Add vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Once the vegetable oil is heated up, place marinated chicken breast into the Dutch oven. (If you are using chicken with skin on, put skin side down). Sear chicken on both side until it has a nice colour. The sugar from the honey mustard will caramelize the chicken very nicely.
- Once both sides of the chicken are browned, squeeze in half a lemon to deglaze the pan and add some moisture to the chicken.
- Place cover on Dutch oven and put inside the preheated oven.
- Cook chicken through, depending on how thick the chicken is, it will take approximately 20min.
Optional – Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
The sauce that is left behind in the pot can be easily created into a nice honey mustard dipping sauce. Put the pot back onto the stove top on medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and dissolve it in water. Once dissolved, add the cornstartch mixture into the pan. Whisk to get all pan drippings out and dissolve any clumps. Once the sauce have thicken up, remove from heat and enjoy!
The chicken turned out juicy and delicious! I would highly recommend Maille Honey Mustard for anyone looking for a high quality mustard with superb taste.
If I am ever in a city with a Maille Boutique, I would love to check out all the varieties and the mustard tap!
Thank you Maille for the delicious mustard!