So many people are loving the keto diet to lose weight, get more energy, better sleep and the list of benefits goes on.
When I use to work in restaurants for 10+ hours a shift, I found myself eating very low carb meals all the time. I had no clue what a keto diet was at that time. But I listened to my body and it rarely craved carbs and I had the most energy working my entire shift whenever I ate this way.
Fast forward almost 10 years later, I find out that way of eating was actually provided me with lots of benefits! No wonder I had energy like an energizer bunny!
Here is my go to keto fried “rice” recipe! Because sometimes I do miss eating rice! 😉
Serves 6 people
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pack of sausages
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 large Cauliflower grated
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup diced yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 larges eggs
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cups low sodium light soy sauce
- Dice sausages and bacon into small pieces and cook through (Remove from pan into a bowl, keeping all the grease and fat!)
- Grate with hand grater or use a food processor to grate the cauliflower until it resembles small grains of rice
- In a skillet heated to medium, add ghee and garlic and sauté for a minute
- Add broccoli and cook for a minute
- Add yellow and red peppers and cook for another minute
- Add cauliflower, sausage, and bacon into the veggie mixture
- Add black pepper, sesame oil and soy sauce and mix until combined
- Move mixture to one side of the pan and add eggs, scramble inside the pan and let it cook through. Mix the eggs into the fried “rice” mixture
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted
- Optional: Garnish with sesame seeds
The recipe is so simple and makes a great weekday dinner because it comes together so quickly. You can also sub the bacon and sausage for chicken, salmon or whatever protein you like. When you are on a keto diet, just keep in mind what fruits and veggies are lower in carb and you can change up your recipes this way as well.
Do you want to see more keto friendly recipes? Comment below and let me know!