Need something quick to make for lunch tomorrow? Do you have a few extra unexpected dinner guests to feed? This Salmon Patty cake recipe is quick, easy and simply delicious! Try it out and let me know how you enjoyed it!
– olive oil to coat pan for cooking
– 1 onion diced
– 2 cans of salmon (you can use tuna, crab, lobster or a mix for a great seafood patty cake)
– salt and pepper
– herbs of your choice (parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme)
– 1/2 cup panko (or regular bread crumbs, whichever you like more)
– 2 eggs
Heat olive oil in pan on low heat.
Drain salmon into strainer, push out as much liquid as possible. Make sure you are using the canned salmon/tuna in water,not in oil.
Dice up your onion and sauteed it until it is golden in colour!
Combine sauteed onions & drained salmon into a large bowl. Keep the pan on the lowest heat setting so you do not have to preheat again.
Add in your selection of herbs, I used oregano and thyme! Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add in panko bread crumbs and 2 eggs and mix till combined.
In the preheated pan, add some more olive oil to coat the bottom. Form mixture into patty cakes (whatever size you like). If the mixture is too wet, add more breadcrumbs.
Pan fry both sides until a nice golden brown colour appears. It will take about a 1 minute on each side depending on how hot the pan is.
Serve with a side or pasta, rice, quinoa, salad or just enjoy them alone!
Benefits of Salmon:
– loads of omega 3 fatty acid that will help with keeping your skin and hair looking great!
– salmon is considered brain food
– loads of vitamins (B12, B6, niacin, thiamin) and minerals (potassium, magnesium)
– great source of protein
– help reduce pains in any inflamed joints