Who doesn’t love a granola bar for a quick healthy snack. But too often we buy the pre-packaged ones that are loaded with sugar. And instead of giving us energy, it just gives us a nasty sugar crash. Boo!
Don’t worry friends, I am going to share a recipe that will change all of this! I came up with this super easy granola recipe that is packed full of the good stuff ! It will give you a sustained increase of energy and it just so happened to be vegan as well! Score!
- Olive oil to coat pan
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (you can replace with your favourite nuts!)
- 1/2 cup of your favourite topping (Can be chocolate chips, dried fruits, coconut flakes. You can customize it to your liking)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup rice syrup (this is the one I use: Lundberg Organi Organic Sweet Dreams Brown Rice Syrup, 460 ml
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 scoop Chaga Vegan Protein (I used this one:Purica Power Vegan Protein with Chaga Vanilla 630 g) This is completely optional.
- You can add sugar if you like, but I find it sweet enough without additional sugar
- In a 8 x 8 inch glass dish, line with tin foil and rub a little olive oil on pan so the granola bars won’t stick
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together
- Pour granola mixture into oiled pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (and best to refrigerate overnight)
- Pull tin foil out with granola bars and put onto cutting board
- Cut granola bars into desired size. Store in airtight containers. If they are kept in the airtight containers, it can last 1 month. But good luck not eating them all within a few days!
What is your favourite toppings in your granola bars? Would love to hear your favourite and give it a try! Comment below!
*Disclaimer: Chaga Protein Powder was given to me for free from Purica and Vista Magazine. As always, recipe and opinions are my own.